Naija News, read Top Headlines today, Monday, 24th October 2022 below.
Naija News NG has compiled top Naija News headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines, and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper Headlines & Naija News today from Nigerian Newspapers. Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Residents of some States in the North West said governments’ approach of encouraging people to defend themselves in the fight against bandits was yielding results. According to them, the hoodlums have realised that the battle is no longer between security agents and bandits, but now involves the ‘people’ as active participants in the fight.
2. The family of Dinchi Lar, a Nigerian lady who was jailed for one year in the United Arab Emirates, have said she was incarcerated for exposing the maltreatment of Nigerians at Dubai airports. They stated this during a protest on Sunday in Abuja after the Dubai authorities sentenced her to one-year imprisonment.
3. Former Super Eagles midfielder, Henry Nwosu, says he needs help to stay alive after being diagnosed with an undisclosed terminal ailment. It was learnt Nwosu, a member of Nigeria’s first title winning African Cup of Nations squad in 1980, is currently receiving treatment at the Asaba Specialist hospital in Delta State.
4. An ex-convict, Mercy Orija, has reportedly raped a 12-year-old pupil, Janet Fakeye, to death in Abeokuta, Ogun State. The suspect reportedly went into hiding shortly after he committed the offence at Fehintoluwa Community Development Association in Idiya, Abeokuta-North Local Government Area of the state.
5. A politician, Hamisu Magaji, has demanded justice after hoodlums allegedly brutalised him on his way to a destination around Toyin Street, in the Ikeja area of Lagos State. It was gathered that Magaji was going to visit a relative in the area when the hoodlums allegedly attacked him with weapons.
6. The Lagos State Government on Sunday said it had stepped up efforts to clamp down on residents who built structures along drains and floodplains. This was after torrential rainfall, on Friday, overwhelmed buildings and washed away perimeter fences in different parts of the State, including New Oko Oba community, in the Ojokoro Local Council Development Area.
7. Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu has promised to devote 100 percent of his time and energy in the service of Nigeria and its people, saying he would not be like others that would share time shuttling between living in Dubai and Nigeria.
The former Lagos State governor, who boasted that he had only a few steps to becoming the president, pledged to concentrate his full attention and energy in confronting and surmounting the nation’s pressing challenges.
8. The National Drug Law and Enforcement Agency (NDLEA), has intercepted two ladies and two men wanted in connection with over 16,000 kilograms (16 tons) of illicit drugs in Lagos, Abuja, and Netherlands. In Lagos, anti-narcotics officers who have been on the trail of 48-year-old Aro Aderinde, for weeks, arrested him on Sunday, October 16, over his involvement in the export of 3,149kgs cannabis sativa concealed in coconut fibres via container number MSKU 1820587.
9. The Embassy of the United States, Abuja, has said that there is an elevated risk of terror attacks in Nigeria, specifically in Abuja. In a security alert issued to its nationals, the United States Embassy said targets may include, but are not limited to, government buildings, places of worship, schools, markets, shopping malls, hotels, bars, restaurants, athletic gatherings, transport terminals, law enforcement facilities, and international organizations.
10. Although the Federal Government has approached the Supreme Court to set aside the discharge and acquittal of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, by the Court of Appeal, the leadership of Ohanaeze Ndigbo believes there is still room for political solution.
It was gathered that the President General of the apex Igbo body, Prof. George Obiozor, has reached out to the Presidency for a possible meeting.
That’s today’s summary of Newspaper headlines from Naija News media. Read more Nigerian news, African news, and world news on Naija News NG . See you again tomorrow.