Looking for how to switch up your look? Crochet hair style could be the answer that has been in your front.
This article will explore most of the popular crochet hair style out there with tips on how to make them.
What is Crochet Hair?
Crochet hair is a type of hair extension that is crocheted into your natural hair using a crochet hook. The extensions are typically made from synthetic or human hair and can be found in a variety of textures and styles. Crochet hair is a great option for those looking for a protective style as it does not require any heat or chemicals to be applied to your natural hair.
Popular Crochet Hair Styles
Box braids are a classic crochet hair style that can be worn in a variety of ways. They can be worn in a sleek, straight style or in loose, natural-looking waves. Box braids are a great option for those with natural hair as they can be done on both curly and straight hair.
Faux locs are a popular crochet hair style that mimics the look of dreadlocks. They can be done with a variety of different types of hair, including synthetic, human, and wool. Faux locs are a great option for those looking for a more dramatic look.
Senegalese twists are a popular crochet hair style that is known for their sleek, polished look. They can be done with a variety of different types of hair, including synthetic, human, and wool. Senegalese twists are a great option for those with natural hair as they can be done on both curly and straight hair.
How to Create Crochet Hair Styles
- Start with clean and detangled hair. Make sure your hair is free of tangles and knots before you begin crocheting in the extensions.
- Choose the right crochet hook. The size of the hook will depend on the thickness of your natural hair and the size of the extensions you are using.
- Choose the right type of hair for your crochet hair style. Synthetic hair is the most affordable option, but it may not look as natural as human or wool hair.
- Create a part in your hair and begin crocheting in the extensions. Start at the roots and work your way down to the ends.
- Style your crochet hair as desired.
Tips for Maintaining Crochet Hair Styles
- Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair. This will prevent the extensions from becoming tangled and knotted.
- Use a gentle, sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner to cleanse your hair. This will help to keep your crochet hair looking shiny and healthy.
- Use a leave-in conditioner to keep your hair moisturized. This will help to prevent the extensions from becoming dry and brittle.
- Use a silk or satin scarf or pillowcase to prevent your hair from becoming tangled while you sleep.
Crochet hair styles are a great way to switch up your look without damaging your natural hair. With a little bit of practice and patience, you can create a variety of different styles that will suit your personal taste and style. Whether you’re looking for a protective style or just want to try something new, crochet hairstyles are a great option to consider.